Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How I helped them steal my iPod Video

As you might have seen, last week I listed my iPod on Facebook marketplace to help sell it faster. Well, it worked, or at least I think it worked. This girl, Anita Elli, made an offer of $200 for me to ship it to someone in Nigeria. I started to price out shipping & handling & came to the conclusion that $200 isn't that bad of a price, considering. So, I told her that when she sent me the money, I would ship it. So she did & I got an email from Paypal saying that the money was debited from the senders account & I would be credited within a couple of hours of sending the confirmation of shipping. At first I hesitated & then reassured myself that it was all good... as it was the first time I was shipping overseas. So, off to Canada Post I went & sent off the packaged iPod. Today, I wake up from my night shift to find an email saying that the seller had to credit me $100 extra & that I needed to send that money via Western Union to some jerk off in Nigeria. Well HELLO!!!! What a wake up call. I immediately called Canada Post to stop the package & they basically said Kiss it goodbye. Only an RCMP Officer could make the request & they may try to stop it. So, needless to say, the package is long gone with an empty promise of money; however, the only silver lining is that the iPod didn't cost me anything to purchase a few years ago as I used reward points from work (RBC) & it only cost me $18 to ship international. Although I did go out & purchase a new iPod Touch, so technically, I'm out $220 or so dollars....


The funny thing is that I know better & the second I started to look at the header of the emails from paypal, i knew that I was screwed out of an iPod.

No comments: