Friday, January 29, 2010

New Year, New Adventures

Since I haven't written in a while, let me start by saying, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...

Now, that's out of the way, let me tell you about my latest adventures. 

At Christmas, my parents got Allison, Olivia & I a Wii. I have to admit, it's an awesome console! After Xmas, I started looking at for accessories for our new gaming console. The first thing we bought was the Wii Fit Plus. That is really fun! We've played in some cases where Allison has done nothing but laugh at me for an hour straight because of how foolish I look.

The second thing that I bought was a Wii gun adapter, so that when I buy Call of Duty, I would get into the game. Well, didn't that cause a whole other set of issues.... Lets just say that Codiac RCMP had to get involved... That's a whole other blog post.

So, I kept my eyes open for sales of games & such... While Allison & I were shopping at Zellers, we stopped in the gaming section & started to look at the display case. I noticed that Call of Duty, World at War was on sale for $39, $20 savings... I quickly grabbed that & headed for the cash. When the cashier rang it in, the bar code rang it in at $19 (technically $40 savings) instead of the $39... what a steal! (No RCMP involvement this time)

The New Year has also treated us well so far. We've been lucky enough to not have any major snow storms yet, so I don't have to worry about getting up really early to snowblow the driveway to get out.

In case you were wondering what the story was behind my Ipod, nothing has chnaged... it's lost to me forever! Kinda sucks, but I've learned my lesson!

On a last note, I've now become a permanent Ops Manager with NBEMS. I'm really happy about that! The only down side about my job, that I've noticed is that it takes me away from Firefighting. I find I don't have as many opportunities to go to calls, either because I'm at work or they are all medical calls.

Well, that's about it for me for now!!

'til next time!

No comments: